Voting & Election Info
2022 Election Calendar
- February 1st - Nomination Papers are available for Town Election. Due March 14th
- April 25th - Annual Town Meeting (ATM) - Frontier High School, Last day to register to vote at ATM is April 5th
- May 2nd - Annual Town Election (PDF) - Town Hall - 10 am to 8 pm, Last day to register to vote at Annual Town Election (ATE) is April 5th
- September 6th - State Primary - Town Hall: 7 am to 8 pm, Last day to register to vote is August 27th
- November 8th - State Election - Town Hall :7 am to 8 pm, Last day to register to vote is October 29th
How to Register to Vote
- Online: Register to vote online through the State website
- By mail: Print out a Voter Registration Card (PDF)
- Drop Box: Complete form on top of drop box and deposit, accessible 24/7
- In person: Stop by the Town Clerk's office Monday through Thursday 9 am to 4 pm to fill out a Voter Registration card
Unsure if You Are Registered to Vote?
Check your voter status!
Visit the Voter Registration Status page to check online or call the Town Clerk's office at 413-665-1400, ext. 100
All elections are held at the Town Hall located at 8 Conway Street in South Deerfield.
All registered voters in the Town of Deerfield vote in the same location (no precincts).
Absentee Ballot Information
If you will be out of Town on the day of an Election or are unable to appear at our polling location due to a disability or religious reason, you may cast your vote by an Absentee Ballot. A written request must be filed with the Town Clerk's office no later than noon (noon) on the day before the Election that you are requesting an Absentee ballot for. If a registered voter needs assistance completing an application form, they may designate a person to assist them. A family member may also complete a form for a registered voter. For more information about voting by Absentee, visit the Absentee and Early Voting page.
- View the Absentee Ballot Application (PDF)
Completed applications can be submitted the following ways:
Deerfield Town Hall
8 Conway Street
South Deerfield, MA 01373
- Fax: 413-665-5512
- Email: Email the Town Clerk
- Dropbox: Located in the foyer of the Town Hall (accessible 24/7)
Military and Overseas Citizens Voting Information
If you are an active duty member of Uniformed Services, a family member of an active duty member of Uniformed Services, or a United States citizen residing outside of the country and are not registered to vote in the United States, you are considered "specifically qualified" and are able to vote under UOCAVA (Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act). If you are overseas and a registered voter in the United States, you may simply vote by Absentee Ballot (see previous paragraph). For more information about voting by UOCAVA, visit the Massachusetts Secretary of State's website. You may also request an Absentee Ballot through the Federal Voting Assistance Program website.
More Voting Information
For general information and all questions regarding voting, registration and elections, visit the Secretary of State's website.
- Policy regarding electioneering during early and absentee voting: View the Electioneering Policy (PDF)
- Policy regarding advance removal/process of EV ballots and central tabulation facility for November 3, 2020: View the Central Tabulation Facility Policy (PDF)
Your Current Elected Officials
- Governor: Charles D. Baker
Phone: 413-784-1200 (Springfield Office)
- Lieutenant Governor: Karyn E. Polito
- Secretary: William Francis Galvin
Email William Galvin
- Auditor: Suzanne M. Bump
Email Suzanne Bump
- Treasurer: Deborah B. Goldberg
- Attorney General: Maura Healey
Phone: 413-784-1240 (Springfield Office)
Email Maura Healey
- U.S. Senator: Elizabeth A. Warren
Phone: 413-788-2690 (Springfield Office)
- U.S. Senator: Edward J. Markey
- Congressional: James P. McGovern - Second District
Phone: 413-341-8700 (Northampton Office)
- State Senate: Joanne M. Comerford - Hampshire, Franklin and Worcester District
Email Joanne Comerford
- State Representative: Natalie M. Blais - First Franklin District
Email Natalie Blais
- Governor's Council: Mary E. Hurley - Eighth District
- District Attorney: David E. Sullivan - Northwestern District