How do I change the mailing address on my excise bill?

The information on your excise bill originates from the Registry of Motor Vehicles. To make any changes to this information, it must be done through the RMV. You can either visit a local office or visit their website for more information. The closest RMV office to Deerfield is in Greenfield at 18 Miner Street (next to the rotary off Exit 26 on Route 91).

Show All Answers

1. What is motor vehicle excise tax?
2. Who must pay an excise tax?
3. What is the tax rate?
4. What happens if an excise bill is overdue?
5. How do I change the mailing address on my excise bill?
6. How can I pay a bill that is held at the Deputy Collector's office?
7. How are vehicles valued?
8. Who qualifies for an abatement?
9. Who qualifies for an exemption?
10. When must I file for an abatement or exemption on excise?
11. Where must I file for an abatement?
12. Where do I get an application for abatement?
13. What is the minimum tax?
14. What information do I need to file with an abatement application?
15. How long does it take to receive an abatement once it is filed?